Do your part to help reduce global warming by following these tips from the National Wildlife Federation:
• If you have a small- to-medium-sized lawn, use a cordless electric mower or push mower.
• Plant native, low-growing plants in shady or sloped areas of your yard.
• Plant native grasses that do not require pesticides or fertilizers and seldom require cutting.
• Shrink your lawn by creating a rock garden or planting a native wildflower meadow that attracts backyard wildlife.
• Use ground covers to replace part of your lawn.